Fascinated about Jordan and moving there? Jordan is an Arab country in Western Asia, and is located on the East Bank of the Jordan River. The population is over 9 million. The relocation services Jordan can help you know more about the moving process.
If you are a history freak and love to learn about new lands and their archaeological delights, then Jordan is a great place to consider moving to. The relocation services Jordan can take you through the paperwork and visa processing.
Additionally, Jordan has a rich history and culture, with an exciting Middle Eastern heritage that claims more than one lakh archaeological, religious and tourist attractions.
You can get in touch with international movers Jordan if you want to move to this beautiful country.
Some interesting facts about Jordan that you probably didn’t know:
- Jordan was once known as the Emirate of Transjordan. The official name is now the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- Petra is located in Jordan, an archaeological wonder and famous UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city is known for its rose-red cliffs, always a fascination for guests.
- Jordan has the world famous Dead Sea, and it is also the lowest point on Earth’s surface. The rich mineral mud rejuvenates the skin, and high salt concentration makes the body float, and leaves it rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Jordan had a massive earthquake about 2000 years ago. It is believed that the earthquake damaged a lot of buildings and there were many fatalities as well.
- The Red Sea is the only shoreline for Jordan, but it is only 16 miles long. So Jordan is pretty landlocked otherwise.
- The ancient landscape of Jordan has always been a favoured movie shooting location and many excellent movies were shot here. One noted movie is the Last Crusade with the famous Indiana Jones, and then you have movies like Red Planet, The Martian.
- The city of Jordan, Amman is one of the oldest cities in the world. It is also one of the world’s largest Neolithic settlements with roots in the Stone Age as well.
- Jordan is a very important place religiously too because it has shrines for Jews and Muslims and you all find Jordan mentioned in biblical stories.
- Try the national dish of Jordan – Mansaf. It is the perfect representation of the wonderful culture of Jordan; this delicious cuisine is a must-have. The meal actually dates back to 1200 AD.
- You have the world’s oldest dam in Jordan, the Jawa Dam and it dates back to the 4th millennium BC. The purpose is to provide water to Jordan, but there is still a water shortage in the country.
There are many people who claim that Jesus was baptised here in Jordan by John the Baptist, but there aren’t several proofs supporting this. Jordan is most definitely an interesting place to move to. If you are keen on exploring the land and settling there, you can rely on the best relocation companies in Jordan to guide you.